Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shopping for Groceries

I just came from the store (WalMart) and went up and down the aisle looking at things to but and did not buy many, many things because the prices were so high. I spent $2.19 on some bread, $2.00 on our favorite peanut butter, $1.98 on a large bottle of ketchup we like. I didn't buy the Velveeta I normally would because it was over $5.00 for the 2 lb box! I may go back and buy the skinless chicken breast that were $1.18 a pound and a pork tenderloin roast that was around $6.00. Anyway, my point is that I really am thinking about every purchase now.

Gas wise, my husband had been very complimentary of how few miles I am putting on our car. When I think of how frivolously I used to drive around town I can get disappointed in myself, however years of living have taught me we do better when we finally know better. 



I am sooooo glad I passed on the Velveeta because I found a coupon and one of our local stores has it on sale for $3.98 (limit 1) this week.  YEAH!!!


I went through the adds last night and will coupon match today to see what I can get and what I will pass on this week.


Google Image Result for http://www.americansweets.co.uk/ekmps/shops/statesideca  Google Image Result for http://www.bloomingtonneeds.com/images/heinz%20ketchup%

No comments:

Post a Comment