Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Burlap Bins {Kitchen Storage}

"




I started out with some boxes leftover from our move and cut them down to the height of the space. They were pretty sad boxes! It goes to show you, just about anything can be turned into something cute and functional with a little bit of elbow grease!




I painted them black so that you couldn't see the writing on the boxes through the burlap. Then I basically used the same technique that Amy did to cover the boxes. I decided to use burlap because I knew I had a big gob of it in my stash and I just love the stuff (Who doesn't right?).




I glued some polka dot ribbons with bows to the tops to add some cuteness (and hide any unevenness to the tops of the boxes). Some painted wood numbers glued to the fronts finish things off!




I'm using the boxes to store some 'party' supplies: paper plates, napkins, plastic wear, and cups.













No comments:

Post a Comment