Friday, April 22, 2011

Random Friday Favorites

I WANT TO REMEMBER THE SMART PHONE APP IN #2

Random Friday Favorites: "
Today on Favorite Friday I am showing you one of my new favorite websites, a phone app, a workout, and an Etsy shop!!
#1 - Pinterest is a website that has already sucked a couple hours from my life (even though I just joined a week or so ago). It is a way to bookmark pictures. I love it because I can bookmark craft ideas from other blogs and easily find them without having to go through text links I have saved to my favorites. The site even allows you to categorize your pictures. So far I have focused on Easter and party ideas!
You can follow my pins HERE!

#2 – Mike and I took the plunge and bought smart phones – we each got a Droid X. (I guess they are real smart because between then and now my email got hacked and a couple hundred emails were sent to people on my contact list.)
Anyways, I downloaded an app called My Fitness and it is great! In my venture to loose a few pounds before swimsuit season I got the app and use it almost everyday to keep track of my calories and workouts. When you first use the app it ask for your current weight, height, and activity level. Then you tell it your goal weight and it calculates the number of calories you should eat per day to achieve your goal. I haven’t really been extreme about it – but I have lost a couple of pounds and it really makes you realize what you consume each day!
Wait – I almost forgot the coolest part! You can scan barcodes on your food items and it will automatically populate the calories and other nutritional information for the item. Super cool!
imagesCAXYCB1N


"

No comments:

Post a Comment