Saturday, July 9, 2011

Canning Tutorials from Food Storage Blog

At Food Storage Made East, they have done a few tutorials on different items they have canned over the past few years.  If you are just getting started with canning these might help you overcome any fears or worries you may have.


I am particularly interested in the canning of meat.  Having said that, I do not have a canner and I have a fear of canning.  It is really a fear of the unknown.  I am sure that very few have actually blown up which is what may fear actually is, not fear that the food will be contaminated because I didn't can it properly.

Canning Peaches … Delish!
Learn how to can peaches, Jodi has a little different technique than most books recommend.

How to Make Strawberry Jam
Homemade strawberry jam is such a treat, it is so much yummier than store-bought, which is truly the reason to make it.

How to Can Homemade Applesauce
Applesauce is one of the easiest and most delicious foods to can. Step by step tutorial on how we do it.

How to Pressure Can Ground Beef
Jodi gives a step-by-step overview of her experiences with this process that intimidated her for a LONG time.

How to Pressure Can Chicken
See how easy it is to can your own chicken so that you can have shelf stable chicken ready for recipes, and in case of emergencies.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thank you so much!
    I am going to try to can this year...alot of the gifts I plan on giving for Christmas depend on it! :-) Thank you for the tutorials.

    I was just at a pick-your-own farm yesterday picking blueberries. They also have peaches there to pick a little later in the season. I am having so much fun with the pick-your-own places, I will probably pick too many peaches too! Looking forward to canning them!

    I am bookmarking this page. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete