Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's amazing what you can accomplish when your kid is sick (episode II)

It's amazing what you can accomplish when your kid is sick (episode II): "After spending $2 a jar for pizza sauce that wasn't even that great, nor was it organic, I realized that making my own might be a better way to go...



And then I realized how easy and cheap it was to make and I want to kick myself for buying those stupid jars for so long.



Now I make a huge batch of this every few months and always have it on hand.



Pizza Sauce

5 cans of organic tomato paste (Costco carries 12 packs for under $5)

1/4 cup of raw honey

A bunch of minced garlic

Dried basil, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and rosemary to taste

Water





Mix the tomato paste, honey, garlic, and spices. Slowly add water and stir until it reaches your desired consistency. Let the bowl sit on the counter for 30-60 minutes until the flavors have had a chance to mellow and meld.






And just so we're 'keeping it real', this is what the rest of my dining room table looked like while taking the 1st photo.
Freeze in 1 cup portions.



"

No comments:

Post a Comment