Monday, April 25, 2011

Photography Tips From One Tightwad To Another

Some great tips here

Photography Tips From One Tightwad To Another: "

Y’all know that I love photography, right? I’m not a professional by any means, but I really enjoy taking pictures, editing them and then sharing them with you! I’ve had some questions about photography over the last few months, so I thought I’d write my favorite, frugal tips into a post for you. Fun, right?!?!



I started out experimenting with photography with my point and shoot. There are SO many different things you can do with a point and shoot. If that is what you have and can afford then use it to it’s highest potential.



  • Start by reading your owner’s manual

  • Turn off the flash and use natural light

  • Experiment with different settings

  • Have fun with it!




I’ve learned so much from other bloggers about how to take great photographs. Darcy wrote an amazing series called 31 Days To A Better Photo and Kate wrote a great post on Better, Brighter Blog Photos then she hosted a few awesome bloggers who compared different aspects of photography.


Read all those posts and you’ll be a photography superstar! :)


I have three favorite photo editing programs. Remember I’m a tightwad…so all these programs are free!



  • Photoscape - I love this program. It’s so easy to edit photos and even batch edit. I can watermark my photos and resize them all with the click of a button. Awesomesauce!




  • Picasa – I used Picasa when I first started photo editing a few years ago. My favorite Picasa feature is the collage feature. It’s so easy to use!




  • Paint.net – This, my friends, is Photoshop for tightwads. I haven’t shelled out big bucks yet for Photoshop, but someday I would love to have it. For now, Paint.net is a wonderful program where you can edit {touch up} photos, create graphics and much more.




No comments:

Post a Comment