Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Ink Catalog

OKAY, SERIOUSLY why didn't I think of this?  I don't like the copic sheet that I have for anything other than when I am going to purchase something and I haven't figured out how to keep track of the SU inks I have.  This will work.  Follow the link to Spotted Canary for this and other great ideas.


An ink catalog is simply a visual display of ink colors one owns, placed in an easy-to-manage-and-use format. And it’s a snap to make!

Let’s go through the steps to creating your own:

  1. Purchase your “housing.” the structure that will hold your ink information. I bought a small, 3-ring binder. I liked this option best because I can use white cardstock for the pages, giving me a true representation of ink color with the paper I usually use for projects. The binder option also lets me manage my pages easily and you can add more if needed.
  2. Create your pages. Create labels to name the color of each page or section.
  3. Fill in your pages. Select a color family and gather the appropriate inks. Using a small, solid image, ink and stamp each color onto the page. I inked once and stamped twice, recording what each color’s 1st and 2nd generation shade is.
    Ink Catalog - Image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment