Over the next three days, I’m going to be showing you three different cards created with the Tropical Party stamp set by Stampin’ Up! which debuted in the 2010 Summer Mini Catalog. It took me a little while to warm up to this set, but now I’m lovin’ it! And I haven’t even used my favorite stamps in it – the flowers!
The cards I’m going to be showing you are stepped up versions of cards that Brenda will be teaching at the nursing home next month. I’ll let you know what I’ve changed (or stepped up) from their version.
How I stepped it up. For starters, I added some of the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz to the Kraft (soon to be called Crumb Cake) background matte. Just a few light squirts is all you need. Next is the addition of twine. Rather than twine, their card has the happy birthday sentiment lower centered in the Old Olive Island Oasis designer paper strip but still overlapping the stamped palm tree image. Last but not least, I have popped up the stamped image on Dimensionals whereas theirs is flat and glued directly to the card front.
CS partner and DTM for Brenda Cook
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator
- Stamps: Tropical Party, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Paper: Old Olive, Soft Suede, Kraft and Whisper White card stock and Island Oasis designer paper
- Ink: Soft Suede and Old Olive Classic Inks, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers
- Other: Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, Hemp Twine, Sponges, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Stick, Word Window Punch and Modern Label Punch
- Share this on del.icio.us
- Digg this!
- Share this on Reddit
- Stumble upon something good? Share it on StumbleUpon
- Share this on Technorati
- Post this to MySpace
- Share this on Facebook
- Tweet This!
- Email this to a friend?
- Subscribe to the comments for this post?
- Share this on Linkedin
- Add this to Google Bookmarks
- Buzz up!
- Share this on Mixx