Friday, January 21, 2011

Make Your Own Condensed Cream Soup

just what i need for my chicken noodle soup recipe that ds loves so much


Make Your Own Condensed Cream Soup: "


Since my son can’t eat dairy and most casseroles call for condensed Cream of Chicken, Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery soup, I went for some time avoiding casseroles. But then I realized that I could make my own “frugal” condensed soup using his dry, soy milk mix.

Even if you’re not trying to avoid dairy, making your own condensed soup is a great way to save money. You can just use regular dry milk powder where I use soy. A “can” of soup made from this recipe costs only a few cents.

Condensed Cream Soup

2 Tbsp margarine or butter

2 Tbsp flour

1/3 cup dry milk powder

2/3 cup vegetable broth (saved from your last turkey or chicken dinner)

Melt butter and slowly blend in flour. Add milk powder and broth. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and stir until smooth. For celery or mushroom soup, saute two tablespoons of finely chopped celery or mushrooms before adding the flour.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment