Sunday, June 5, 2011

Resolution

I have been doing a bible study with a neighbor friend, we are in our 7th week now and it occurred to me last week that in my former bible study group, we would make a resolution at the end of the session.  The resolution would be formed as a result of something that God spoke to us about during the week as we were in our study.  This week, my resolution was to begin each day in Thanksgiving, before I even get out of bed (gonna have to move the alarm clock).  My friend told me that a mentor of hers, who was in her 80's, told her that this was what she did every day of her life for a long, long time.  She attributed this to having a long succession of very good days.

Since my health has been so bad for so long, I haven't felt much to be real thankful about. . .not true of, course, but I can get in a rut sometimes.  So I have started the thankful resolution and have enjoyed doing it.  I find myself now, spontaneously running through my list throughout the day now.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow.


Today I am Thankful for:  sunshine, my DH and DSs, NASCAR, sight, sound, touch, taste, crispy lettuce, air conditioning, yesterday's mass, time spent with those I love, entertainment, laughter, my medication, and so so much more.  Try it. . .you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment