Friday, March 25, 2011

Photography Tips From One Tightwad To Another

Photography Tips From One Tightwad To Another: "

Y’all know that I love photography, right? I’m not a professional by any means, but I really enjoy taking pictures, editing them and then sharing them with you! I’ve had some questions about photography over the last few months, so I thought I’d write my favorite, frugal tips into a post for you. Fun, right?!?!



I started out experimenting with photography with my point and shoot. There are SO many different things you can do with a point and shoot. If that is what you have and can afford then use it to it’s highest potential.



  • Start by reading your owner’s manual

  • Turn off the flash and use natural light

  • Experiment with different settings

  • Have fun with it!


I was amazed at how much I could do with my Canon Powershot camera!


Now, I’m using a Canon Rebel XSi and I love it. Truly. I’m dying to get another lens because I’m still using the lens that came with the camera. It works. Remember the “tightwad” word in this post’s title. Ahem.


I’ve learned so much from other bloggers about how to take great photographs. Darcy wrote an amazing series called 31 Days To A Better Photo and Kate wrote a great post on Better, Brighter Blog Photos then she hosted a few awesome bloggers who compared different aspects of photography.


Read all those posts and you’ll be a photography superstar! :)


I have three favorite photo editing programs. Remember I’m a tightwad…so all these programs are free!



  • Photoscape - I love this program. It’s so easy to edit photos and even batch edit. I can watermark my photos and resize them all with the click of a button. Awesomesauce!




  • Picasa – I used Picasa when I first started photo editing a few years ago. My favorite Picasa feature is the collage feature. It’s so easy to use!




  • Paint.net – This, my friends, is Photoshop for tightwads. I haven’t shelled out big bucks yet for Photoshop, but someday I would love to have it. For now, Paint.net is a wonderful program where you can edit {touch up} photos, create graphics and much more.



So there you have it. My short list of photography tips, links and editing programs. Don’t feel intimidated or that you have to try everything. Find what works for you and go for it!


Now, I’d love to hear from you!


What kind of camera do you use? What program do you use to edit your pictures?


Linked to:





Related posts:

  1. Ten New Year’s Eve Party Tips




"

No comments:

Post a Comment