Friday, March 25, 2011

Glazing White Cabinets

Glazing White Cabinets: "Our Bathroom (the Master Bath) has been on my to-do list since we moved into this house. It's not horrible by any means, and it's a relatively nice bathroom size wise, it just definitely needed a few touches to make it our style. The previous owners were had more of a "royal" style, and ... well, that's just not us.



We have these nice white cabinets and this dark black granite...and while each is nice it its own right, I don't really like them together.







So this weekend, I took my paint brush and my glaze and decided to do something about it.


I just painted the whole cabinet with the glaze, concentrating on the edges, and after a few minutes, wiped off the areas that I didn't want to be too dark. I took a small corner of the towel to go along the edges so that I could leave most of the glaze in the crevices.




I like this look so much better than just the solid white with the solid black...minus the glaring white strip on the bottom that I just realized I still need to glaze. Oops! I might go back with a small paint brush and make more of a clean line along drawer creases, but this was plenty good enough for now!




What do you think? Do you like the added depth and dimension or did you like the crisp clean look better? This is just one step of a multiple step bathroom makeoever, so stay tuned to see what else I've got up my sleeve.


Hope everyone had a great Halloween! Happy Monday!



If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment or subscribe to the feed reader to get future posts delivered to your reader.





I'm linking up to the parties in my sidebar...go check out what everyone else is transforming!

"

No comments:

Post a Comment