Maria "found some pretty good treasures! I over looked these canisters several times, and just as we were leaving, inspiration hit - "I can spray paint those!" (I know - shocking it took me that long!)
So here are the beauties before:
I debated back and forth whether to paint them orange and make them Jack-O-Lanterns, or Black with "B-O-O" or black with "trick-or-treat" I finally decided on the trick-or-treat.
First they needed a good bath in the dishwasher, then I pulled out my trusted can of spray paint (high gloss black) After about 2 coats, they were ready. Kinda forgot to get a pic of them all black - oh well, you get the idea
I then spent way to long trying to pick the perfect font (again - not sure how happy I am with the results, but I like it enough) I find all my fonts at DAFONT.COM They are all free and super easy to download. This font is Andrea Karime. (to download the font, click the name, or go HERE)
I have the program Sure Cuts Alot (thanks to my sister Annie) and so I just typed the words into that program, plugged my cricut into my computer with my printer cable, and pressed cut - that easy!
Oh - I decided to spray paint the letters instead of using vinyl. So I cut the words out on Contact paper and used it as a stencil.
I very carefully pealed away the paper, and adhered the contact paper to my canisters, pressing firmly and pushing out all the bubbles.
I didn't want my beautiful paint job to get ruined - so I wrapped a grocery sack around the canister and taped down the edges. (looks like they are going into surgery)
Now the fun part - Spray Paint! (this time I used my leftover appliance enamel from painting my KitchenAid)
After a long wait, I finally pealed back the contact paper.
You Craft Me Up! is a new to me blog, but I've subscribed to see what other clever things this blogger comes up with. Inexpensive ideas work for me.